Teacher - Junior School
About the role
Fixed term (parental leave replacement)
Commencement Term 1, 2020
The School is currently looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our teaching staff in 2020. This position is as a classroom Teacher in the Primary School delivering high quality teaching and teaching that caters for different learning styles and ability levels, with an understanding of the emotional development and particular needs of girls.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in leading and delivering the School’s mission, and their strong leadership will be critical when working and collaborating with teachers in the ongoing development of the curriculum.
You will also need the following skills and dispositions:
- A contemporary working knowledge of the social and development needs of girls and a passion for girls’ education
- An understanding the social and developmental needs of girls in a K-12 setting
- A commitment to a high performance academic environment, and emerging technologies in education
- A commitment to outstanding student wellbeing
- Proven ability to maintain positive relationships with students, staff, parents and community members
- A warm and friendly disposition, with a tactful and diplomatic approach
- A commitment to achieving best practice
- High standard of personal presentation
The successful candidate will need the following:
- Tertiary degree in Education
- VIT Registration
- Demonstrated understanding and planning experience with the Victorian Curriculum
- Professional Knowledge: ability to listen actively and give appropriate responses to children and parents, demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, use developmentally appropriate management strategies, encourage co-operation between the children, motivate the children effectively, listen and respond to children’s questions and answers and support problem solving and independent thinking in children.
- Knowledge of learning and teaching: including a working knowledge of, and commitment to, STEM priorities
- Knowledge of Curriculum: demonstrated understanding and commitment to the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP), would be an advantage
- Course in Anaphylaxis Awareness & Management
Applications, addressed to the Principal, Mrs Fran Reddan, including details of three referees, will only be accepted via the School’s website on or before: Monday 16 September 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Mentone Girls’ Grammar School is committed to and promotes the safety, wellbeing, inclusion, participation and empowerment of all children, including Aboriginal children, children with a disability and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
* Mentone Girls’ Grammar School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and has a zero tolerance of child abuse. To create and maintain a child safe school, Mentone Girls’ Grammar apply Child Safe Standards.
* Mentone Girls' Grammar School has rigorous human resources and recruitment practices for all its staff and volunteers. All of our people, including volunteers and contractors, are required to hold a current Working with Children Check or current VIT Registration as well as undergo an identity check.