About the role
Reporting to the Head of Performing Arts, we are looking for an experienced and organised Director to lead the 2020 School Production.
The Production dates are 6-8 August 2020
The Director will ensure the quality and completeness of the School production and lead the members of the creative team into realising the artistic vision for it. The role requires someone who understands collaboration with a team of creative individuals and other staff responsible for elements such as stagecraft, costume design, props, lighting design, acting, set design, playwright and sound design is required to ensure the overarching vision for the production.
Those successful in receiving an interview for the role of Director will be asked to pitch three plays to the panel for consideration. In this pitch, applicants are to outline an artistic vision for each play and how they are suitable for our students. It is preferable that the plays have sufficient opportunities for female actors and align with the guiding principles of our school.
To be considered for this role, you will need the following:
– Current Working with Children Check
– Must exhibit a high degree of initiative with excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast- paced, deadline-driven, detailed-oriented work environment.
– Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of sources.
Applications, addressed to the Principal, Mrs Fran Reddan, including details of three referees, will only be accepted via the School’s website on or before: Monday 25 November at 12:00 noon.
Mentone Girls’ Grammar School is committed to and promotes the safety, wellbeing, inclusion, participation and empowerment of all children, including Aboriginal children, children with a disability and children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
* Mentone Girls’ Grammar School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and has a zero tolerance of child abuse. To create and maintain a child safe school, Mentone Girls’ Grammar apply Child Safe Standards.
* Mentone Girls' Grammar School has rigorous human resources and recruitment practices for all its staff and volunteers. All of our people, including volunteers and contractors, are required to hold a current Working with Children Check or current VIT Registration as well as undergo an identity check.