Maths Teacher (including VCE Maths)
About the role
- Full time, ongoing
- Commencement Term 1, 2020
The School is currently looking for a talented and motivated Teacher who is passionate about Maths to join our staff in 2020. This role will require someone who is an expert in their subject area and will deliver a maths program that caters for different learning styles and ability levels, with an understanding of the emotional development and particular needs of girls.
The Teacher will:
- Conduct lessons which are thoroughly prepared, incorporate appropriate resources and designed to engage all students in learning.
- Be passionate about teaching, bringing a range of academic expertise and life experiences to the classroom.
- Deliver holistic, student-centred learning with choice, opportunity and celebration of achievement.
- Maintain a positive environment in the classroom which is respectful of all present and fosters student learning;
- Implement teaching strategies that cater for different learning styles and ability levels, with an understanding of the emotional development and particular needs of girls;
- Maintain accurate records of the teaching and learning program and of student assessments;
- Provide prompt and regular feedback to students, both in person and online via the School’s portal, on their progress within the subject(s) taught;
- Monitor and report on student progress and report any matters of concern in accordance with school procedures;
The successful candidate will need the following:
- Tertiary degree in Education
- VIT Registration
- Be an engaging educator who is experienced in teaching VCE Maths (including Units 3 & 4)
- Passionate for Maths and have a demonstrated knowledge of the Australian curriculum frameworks
- Course in Anaphylaxis Awareness & Management
Applications, addressed to the Principal, Mrs Fran Reddan, including details of three referees, will only be accepted via the School’s website on or before: Monday 16 September 2019 at 12:00 noon.
* Mentone Girls’ Grammar School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and has a zero tolerance of child abuse. To create and maintain a child safe school, Mentone Girls’ Grammar apply Child Safe Standards.
* Mentone Girls' Grammar School has rigorous human resources and recruitment practices for all its staff and volunteers. All of our people, including volunteers and contractors, are required to hold a current Working with Children Check or current VIT Registration as well as undergo an identity check.