Mentone Girls' Grammar School's Enterprise Academy is pleased to offer Australia's first accelerator program for enterprising girls. Providing an intense, rapid and immersive education experience, the program is led by successful founders, mentors and investors who are passionate about supporting young entrepreneurs.
Giving students from all backgrounds access to successful entrepreneurs, resources and the knowledge to scale and learn in a safe collaborative environment, the program culminates with participants pitching for a share of $3000 worth of prize money in front of investors and a live audience.
The Accelerator has been structured to support participants to:
- Develop confidence, resilience and a support framework for young entrepreneurs
- Provide learning real world learning opportunities from industry experts working in small groups
- Explicitly teach how to scale, maximise profit and community impact through enterprise
- Create a community of inspiring young female entrepreneurs who can learn from each other
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Day 1: 10am-1pm The Lean Start-up model, business plans & strategy
- -Business plan preparation & expert feedback
- -Guest speaker
- -Time management for balancing business and schooling
- -Narratives & storytelling
Day 2: 10am-1pm Customer profiling & acquisition, social media marketing and management
- Small group workshops and expert support to design social media marketing strategies across different platforms
- Cyber safety for entrepreneurs
- Guest speaker
Day 3: 10am-1pm Pitching & pitch deck preparation, financial management
- Public speaking & presentation skills
- Guest speaker
- Persuasion & communication skills
Day 4: 10am-1pm Boardroom pitches & branding
- Personal branding for entrepreneurs
- Negotiation & deal making tactics
- Expert feedback on practice pitches
Day 4: 5pm-7:30pm Evening event- live pitching for prize money with special guest panel
- Showcase event with family and friends invited
- Girls will pitch to a guest panel for $3000 prize money
- Audience choice award for best pitch
- Cost for students: Free
Morgan Hipworth - Founder Bistro Morgan
Year 12 student and budding pastry mogul has a half-a-million-dollar doughnut business while completing his VCE.
Isabell Dymalovski- Founder Luv Ur Skin
Luv Ur Skin is an Australian made natural skin care range created by Girl Boss Isabella Dymalovski who has developed products to support young, sensitive skin that are being sold around the world. Isabella was been named one of the top 19 young entrepreneurs in the word.
Cameron McKenzie- McHarg - Australia Olympic Team Captain
CEO Co-founder 776BC sports apparel, a range of specialised performance wear developed and tested by elite athletes. A passionate marketer, driven by success and invigorated by a challenge.