The most important thing in leading from the front in education is to have the wellbeing of your students at heart. This wellbeing priority informs every decision we make at Mentone Girls’ Grammar as we believe education for life not only develops academic skills and attributes, but emotional and physical ones as well. Learning and wellbeing go hand in hand, and students with a strong sense of wellbeing are engaged, productive, focussed and happy learners.
Our WAVES priorities also challenge us to be enterprising. When teachers rise boldly to take up this challenge, ideas flourish, exciting connections are made, staff and students collaborate, and remarkable things happen for girls.
Every adult at our School shares responsibility for the welfare of our students. At the day to day level, we have a dedicated team of Home Group Teachers and VCE Tutors who are always the first point of contact for our students and their parents. Together they work closely with the School leadership team to support students’ academic and personal wellbeing needs. Our extensive wellbeing program includes a whole school approach to Mindfulness and encourages positive education, leadership and service.
In addition, we also have a highly qualified team of health professionals, educational specialists and support staff who provide a range of wellbeing and pastoral care services to our students and their families.
In 2018, we have also introduced new Wellbeing Journals for every girl at Mentone Girls’ Grammar. It is a real-life example of enterprise in action, of staff and students working together and of great passion for learning and for life.
We will also open the doors of our new and exciting Wellbeing Precinct in late 2018 which will start a new era of Wellbeing offerings at the School.
Wellbeing Precinct Highlights:
- Indoor 25m eight lane swimming pool with 1m and 3m diving boards
- Training pool for early years swimmers
- Multipurpose room
- Tiered seating
- Shower and change rooms that provide increased privacy
- Wheelchair platforms into both pools
- Freshwater pools, boasting solar powered heating and recirculated rainwater
Outdoor Multipurpose Playing Fields
- Three basketball/netball courts and a multipurpose surface enabling hockey and soccer with provision for 12 tennis courts
- Lighting enabling night play
- Training in fitness, water safety and life-saving skills
- Wellbeing studios for a variety of activities
- Ability to host major sporting events, House carnivals, GSV swimming and diving competitions
- Squad swimming, triathlon and water polo training