A home for wellbeing and Sporting Pathways
The success of our girls lies not only in their academic ability, but also in their physical and emotional wellbeing. Sport and Physical Education are major ingredients in the making of strong, confident Mentone Girls. It is well known that physical activity is linked with improved self-esteem, team work skills, energy levels, quality of sleep and concentration. The benefits of the Wellbeing Precinct both in and out of the classroom are immeasurable.
Our Aquatic Centre opened in January 2019 with students commencing swimming, diving and water polo in February. The School Learn To Swim Program will operate after school for Mentone Girls' students including classes for 4-year-olds upwards along with squad training.
The Wellbeing Precinct facilities make it the best wellbeing setting for girls now, and for years to come.
- Indoor 25m eight lane swimming pool with 1m and 3m diving boards
- Training pool for learn to swim programs
- Multipurpose room
- Tiered seating for 140
- Shower and change rooms that provide increased privacy
- Wheelchair platforms into both pools
- Freshwater pools, boasting solar powered heating and recirculated rainwater
- Three basketball/netball courts and a multipurpose surface enabling hockey and soccer with provision for 12 tennis courts
- Lighting enabling night play
- Training in fitness, water safety and life-saving skills
- Greater flexibility in scheduling activities with indoor pools, multipurpose room and extensive playing fields
- Ability to host major sporting events, House carnivals, GSV swimming and diving competitions
- Squad swimming, triathlon and water polo training