Monday - Thursday: 8.00am - 6.00pm
Friday: 8.00am - 4.00pm
Our Kerferd Library caters for all students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our highly qualified Teacher-Librarians value students as lifelong learners and aim to provide a dynamic learning and teaching environment by providing information literacy programs and curriculum resources of the highest standard. The Library includes several zones for different teaching options including the dedicated ‘Book Nook’ which caters for our younger students from ELC to Year 4.
The Kerferd Library has also been listed in the 2015 Honours List for Great School Libraries by FAIR (Freedom of Access to Information and Resources). Joining 213 other schools across the nation, this is a wonderful achievement and validation of the leadership and hard work of our dedicated Library team, led by Information and Library Services Manager, David Feighan.
The extensive resources of the Kerferd Library include:
- Collection of 40,000 books covering a range of subjects to suit the curriculum and the broader reading needs of the School community.
- Fiction collection of 2,500 titles and a picture book collection of 2,500 titles in the Book Nook. There is a strong emphasis on literature and reading.
- Print and electronic indexes, providing access to an extensive list of periodicals and newspapers, both print and online, and over 3000 DVD/video resources.
- Audio-visual equipment, editing facilities, photocopying and scanners for student use.
- Quality online resources and CDs which are also available via remote access to the School's network for students and staff to access from home.
- Reading enrichment programs offered in Years 5 to 8, with research assistance programs offered to all students.
- Annual Literature Festival involving the entire School community.
- Readers' Cup Competition for Years 5 to 8.
- Comfortable reading areas, where students can relax with a favourite book or catch up on some study.
- Parent Reading Connection featuring guest speakers and discussion of young adult titles.