Our 'known, seen and heard' approach is at the heart of everything we do.
The Academic Enrichment Programs and Clubs take place outside of school hours or during lunchtimes and general periods.
The programs include:
· Maths Club: students attend Maths Club to further strengthen their numeracy skills in a fun and friendly environment.
· Da Vinci Decathlon: students compete in teams of eight across 10 disciplines to challenge and stimulate their minds.
· Public Speaking and Debating: students are provided with debating and public speaking tuition to compete in the Debaters Association of Victoria (DAV). Our students regularly compete against other (DAV) member schools.
· The Ethics Olympiad: students work in teams engaging with schools nearby, across the country and overseas to work on ethical cases.
· Literary Magazine: students are invited to contribute to the School’s magazine.
· Student Run Trivia: student leaders run trivia sessions to encourage collaboration across year levels and promote learning.
· Workshops: students can attend regular workshops of interest including fashion, illustration and comics.
· Author Sessions: Students are invited to listen to visiting authors discuss their craft.
· VCE Acceleration: students who have been identified as highly able have access to an accelerated curriculum pathway.
The Duke of Edinburgh Award is open to all young people aged 14-24. It is solely a co-curricular activity and is undertaken primarily in the student’s own time. Key elements of the program are Physical Recreation, Skills, Voluntary Service and Adventurous Journey. Once the Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award has been achieved, students are encouraged to progress to the Silver and Gold Awards as they continue their studies in Years 9, 10 and beyond.
You can learn more about this program here.
Our state-of-the art facilities provide our students with the ultimate environment to thrive.
Don’t miss your opportunity to apply for one of our many scholarships today.
Mentone Girls’ Grammar provides pathways for future success.